DAY ONE: Cleanse

Hi friends. So I have completed my 6 weeks of healthy eating that my nutrition coach, Viktoria put me on. (Yeah, my sister Viktoria.) It is pretty exciting stuff. She is just about finished school to be a holistic nutritionist and she plans to have her company up and running this summer. Just check out her cute logo!

She created a meal plan for me based on my lifestyle, how much weight I'd like to lose, when I plan to get pregnant next, what symptoms I am experiencing, and catering it all to the whole foods I actually like to eat! (no plain greek yogurt for this girl!) I started her meal plan at a starting weight of 226 lbs, and by the end of the 6 weeks I weighed in at 214 lbs. A whole 12 lbs lost! I have to admit, I don't feel like I've lost 12 lbs, but I have a long road ahead of me, so I was glad to see some progress on the scale.


Now that my 6 weeks are over (and spending this last week eating whatever the heck I wanted because of renovations and stress) she is starting me on a 10 day detox cleanse.


 I will document how it goes here. Yesterday was my first day and I have to say, it is going pretty well. I am not HUNGRY, but I also still have all of my usual cravings. It was so hard just eating veggies and drinking my smoothie for supper last night and watch my family eat a creamy penne and chicken dish last night. *sigh*. And then I keep seeing ads everywhere for food. McDonalds breakfast sandwiches, Opa souvlaki platters, and I just got an e-mail from Swiss Chalet with the headline "Hungry as a Dinosaur?". Well not hungry as a dino yet, but SOON I promise!

I am really excited to see if the cleanse helps to curb my fatigue and some digestive problems, I've never really detoxed before so I am sure my body has a lot of crap to get rid of.

The cleanse is pretty straight forward. 1 large smoothie every day that I will slowly drink through the day, I can snack on fruits, veggies, raw nuts, plain greek yogurt (which I won't be touching with a 10 foot pole), herbal teas, and boiled eggs.  Sounds like what I am already eating, but this time without salad dressings or carbs or meats.

I'm going to kick this cleanse in the face. (and maybe drop a couple lbs while doing it, I weighed in this morning and I'm down 4lbs already)

I'll check back in a couple days and let you know how cleansed my bowels are.

No comments:

Post a Comment